Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 40 and counting

I have soooo much to look forward to. By Thanksgiving I will be allowed to eat a variety of dairy products. Not all mind you but cheese, milk, and most of all ICE cream! It is so funny how the human body and brain work. It goes all the way back to the garden - we get along without something and could care less about it until we are told that it is the "THING" we can not have. Suddenly it becomes the thing we long for, we need it, we want it, and soon we don't appreciate what we do have to the fullest. Seems like history repeats itself on even the most basic things in life.
This week has been going better. We finally have found a way to treat the pain so that I can during most of the day not be focused on my back. It still hurts but as the hospital says...level 1-10 with 10 being the worst pain...it is level 2 or so.
Today which is Wed. I only needed two bags of magnesium and we got to leave ITA around 11:30. It is the first time in a long time to eat lunch at the apartment instead of my throne at Stanford. Then I took a 4 hour nap and woke up to a very nice dinner Roger made. He had also done the laundry while I was sleeping. Small miracles never stop happening and for that I am truly grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home