Friday, October 22, 2010

No boundaries

Sorry for so long a time between post. I am hanging in there and dealing with all the little and sometimes big side effects from the medicine and or the proceedures. The radiation burns in my throat and stomach are getting better with all the meds. they are giving me to help. That makes the swallowing and eating easier which makes me happier. Rebecca has been a joy to have here helping me keep things straight. I now have around 20 new meds. to keep straight. I am in a trial here that is very simple but it is a new anti viral med. put out by Bayer made all the way in Germany. Cancer seems to know no geograhical boundries. My new bone marrow came from an international donor as well. So it seems the whole world wants a cure for cancer or at least wants to make the cure easier. After spending so much time here it also has no boundries on race, age, intellect, economic status. There are so many different types of cancer being treated here as well. I am glad the Lord has let me come to such a good place for treatment. Most of the staff are very caring and they remember my name and how I am doing and are very encouraging.
Roger is taking over the caregiver role as of this weekend when Rebecca goes home to her very unselfish husband and dog. They have both missed her very much. I will miss her when she goes!
Well, I am getting tired now so need to close this down for today. I just learned how to get my computer online while at the hospital so hope I can keep the updates coming...besides I am feeling better as long as I don't try to do to much. Thanks for all the prayers and support.

2 Comments:

At 11:17 AM , Blogger Carla said...

Lisa, each day you wake up, know that God has a plan for your life. As none of us who have never been through a trial like this know how painful or difficult each day is for you to face,it's easy for us to say...'Keep the Faith" but Lisa, keep the faith, and know that you are not alone ever!
We love you and pray this this "trial" will be successful in bringing an effective cure for all. I pray that you will continue to see the smallest of blessings that come into your daily life at this point that make your heart smile. Keep your Joy! I know you know what I mean :)

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger eternity driven said...

I'm praying for you Lisa and think of you often. So glad you were able to get online and give an update. I will keep you in my prayers.
Lots of love!
Kelly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home