Thursday, September 16, 2010

Time is ticking away

Tues. was spent at Stanford talking to a Social worker, then a class on what to expect during the treatment times at Stanford. Lots of information- most of which was already written in the book but no harm in rehashing it. Then home to a delicious dinner made by David and Jonathan and wonderful company with my older kids. Chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and asparagus. These are a few of my favorite things.....la,la, la,
Wed. I ran some errands with David...or should I say I rode with David while he ran a few of my errands.
Thurs. was a day of rest. I was tired from Tues, and Wed. Made lots of phone calls trying to arrange things for the future.
Today which is Fri. will be spent at Stanford again. In the Radiology/Oncology dept. getting X-rayed and measured for blocks and stuff for all the radiation I must receive during the treatment. Two full weeks of radiation, some days with 3 treatments...doesn't really sound like fun but.... Then Larry and I will go and see the apartment that I will be living in for the next few months and make a plan of what all I will need there to be comfortable. Then home.
Sat. should be full of packing and planning. The kids will be at fair selling their animals.
Sunday is move Day! Larry and Anna will help me move or I will watch them move me. Then they will spend the night with me in the new place and thus begins a busy week of appointments and test and adventure. Julie will come Tues. night and take over caregiver job for the rest of the week and weekend till I enter the hospital on the 26th.
Need to get together entertainment, audio books, movies, good music etc for the weeks ahead. After all this time I am getting a mixture of excited and nervous to get the program started so it will end... I am just relieved and resting in the Lord that he has a good plan for me and that he will not give me more than I can handle. He has given me a future and a hope! This is quite literal for me after 5 years of no hope for a cure. God is soooo very good.

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM , Anonymous Ines said...

FINALLY, I have read all your blogs and am current with everything! Whew! God is faithful. You have been such an example of how NOT to fret or worry, but just let be God be God! I can tell you that this is what I can see looking from the outside. I can take an educated guess that reality, behind the scenes, probably doesn't look this good, but God's grace covers a multitude and so the net effect is an awesome testimony. I am so glad to call you friend, Friend. I love you lots and can't wait for the day that we can actually spend time together without you getting tired out or in danger of being exposed to sickness! Praying for you daily.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home