Friday, September 03, 2010

New Beginning,New End, then to begin again

Well, Sept. 1st has come and this is the time that my life is centered around a new beginning and the hope of a great end, followed by another beginning. We are days away from a bone marrow transplant that will last for at least 4 months of treatment. Followed by the end of cancer and the beginning of a new life without cancer. Between the 1st and the 26th of this month there will be test, followed by more test, and appointments with various Dr.'s and people to get everything all set and ready for the green light.
As a family we have many things that we need to arrange to try and make this whole process go smoothly. Care givers, cars, apartments, food, appointments, classes to learn about the whole process, insurance information, schedules, schooling, fair (the end to our goats), keeping me away from sick people and germs, and the list goes on. Please pray that both Larry and I do not get to stressed out with all that needs to be done - he is really feeling the weight of responsibility - while I sometimes feel sad that I can not do more to be his help mate and take some burdens from him.
The whole process that I must go through to get ready for the transplant and the recovery from the transplant are very complicated and hard to explain. My plan is to keep this blog updated when I can about the process and in that way relieve Larry from having to rehash all that is going on.
We have located an apartment for myself and a care giver in Sunnyvale closer to Stanford. I must remain close to Stanford and the doctors there for about 4 months. Since my immune system will be down, I am not allowed to go out, have visitors, see the kids...meaning a long separation from Larry and the family. This will be hard for all of us.
We all know and feel that the Lord is leading us to do this and that he will provide for our needs (both physical and emotional) through this time. He has proven faithful to us throughout the years and will remain a rock and shelter for us during this unsettling time in our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home