Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Treatment and Hope

It is amazing how much hope we can put into one pill...or should I say a series of pills. For one months prescription it is $4,000.00/ or $133.00 per day. And I get to take these for the rest of my life... Sure glad we have prescription coverage. These magical pills are suppose to decrease my WBC and block the production of the chromosome that produces my leukemia. I will need these pills or ones like them for the rest of my life. At least there is treatment and hope. Of course there is a need for pre-approval so it will be a few days before I start this regimen. Then blood test weekly and another big blood test in 8 weeks will go to Stanford for more results.
And I got good news from the ultra sound. While my liver and spleen are enlarged there are no masses. They feel that with treatment they may return to normal! And the breathing will get easier as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home