Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thanks

Today is labs, Xrays, then paperwork, a Dr.'s visit and a catheter class at Stanford. Starts at 8:30 and ends at 5:00. Pretty busy day. Lots of sitting and wait as well. That is how it always seems to be...hurry, sit and wait, hurry etc...
That seems to be life as well...hurry (try to get lots done quickly) and then sit and wait (we have to learn to let others take their time to get something done, we learn we can't control time and results) then hurry again when results come in (once again trying to control what is happening in our lives). I am learning more patience than I ever thought possible. Also, to trust God more with even the little things such as timing. It doesn't benefit me or others around me if I lose control, get depressed, or react to what is going on the wrong way. Don't worry * I still have emotions about what is happening but learning to not let them take control is a daily lesson I am dealing with. It is great that I truly believe that God is in control, not necessarily responsible for what I am going through, but has promised to be with me through what life brings.
It is also great that God has given me a big family whose support and love I could not live without. A great group of friends as well. So I want to thank all of you who have helped me through the last 5 years of cancer and who are helping me and my family now through the next 4 months as well.
I was reminded yesterday that although I am the one who has cancer - the whole family also suffers from cancer as well. So please pray for Larry and my kids (both big and small). This will be a great learning time for them that God and our love for each other can get us through this and keep us together.
Thanks
Lisa

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM , Anonymous Ines said...

Patience seems to be the word for the "new" season. Funny, I thought that's been the word the last 25 years. I just want to let you know I am reading these words with you. I love you and praying for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home