Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The calm before the storm

It is Tues. night and all quiet and calm. I am moved into my new space and now have the internet. Today has been a day of rest. Julie is on her way here now after she got off work. She will stay with me for the rest of the week taking me to lots of out patient appointments and then will check me into the hospital on Sun. to begin radiation and treatment. It is amazing how little we can live with. Sparse is nice especially for those who will have to take care of it. Dinner time is upon us and we are having hamburgers...yum. I am told that my food likings and ability to swallow will change. There is a massive diet for me to follow...I have never been to good at this but Julie and Rebecca will help me stay true. Besides who wants to have more problems from not following instructions. I hope to get some crafts finished and some Christmas presents made...lots of sit around time during the next 4 months. Got to go eat...

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lester completed 6 weeks of radiation (for prostate) at the end of July. Energy is returning and things are going well. PSA test next month.. and every 3 months for a while.. No more treatments are scheduled. Hope your experience is smooth too. The hormone suppressant shot (only 1) has been the most problematic. Love and in our prayers, Robin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home