Friday, November 12, 2010

Day #+35

Fri., Day #+35.. This means it is Day 35 after the transplant. Today I only needed two bags of magnesium and 1 bag of potassium IV. No other fluids were required! The first PA (Physician Assistant) came by and did not make any medication changes and I asked about the spine X-ray and she said it looked OK. Then the main Dr. who sees everyone came by and told me that she had looked at the X-ray and that I do have a small compression fracture L5 and that I also have spinal degeneration of L4 and L5. So I think one may have actually looked at the X-ray and one not? What do you think? So they think I will have this pain for 3-4 months but put me on some medications to help with muscle spasms and pain. She then looked at my face, shoulders, and back and said she will watch the rash that is developing to see if it is the beginning of host/graft disease. Great just what I needed...NOT.

I had Roger take this picture of the area I get to spend most of my time in...hooked to machines. At least the chairs are comfy and the blankets warm. Today they came by and gave me a free hat. All cancer patients need to keep their heads warm not just the ones who are hairless... and of course I got my free juice and graham crackers. Warm blanket, juice, graham crackers and a new hat ...Nap Time! Boy am I spoiled...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home