Monday, September 06, 2004

Labor Day
Didn't Labor much today on Labor Day. Glad that the family had labored the days before so the house was clean and the chores done.
Just got home from Azusa Pacific Univ. It is about a 7 hour drive south which is long but not impossible to do. Julie and I had a great time at the orientation weekend provided by all the staff. She is all moved in to her room, met her roommate, involved in an Alpha group (APU's way of including all the freshman and making sure they have success their first time away from home.),shopped at Wallmart & Target, got her new address, paid more money for school, just the usual off to college start. After Sun. lunch I drove home all by myself. I really enjoyed the solitude and the music up loud so I could sing along. Made it home in time for movie night and to see about all the changes my husband and kids did to the house while I was gone. This is one of the main reasons I can not leave for long.
Sheep were given to a friend so they are gone. Rachel's cat is now up for adoption. Bebe has moved into our home because she tore up her nice room her mom made for her! Yes, Julie, she tore up the screen and disappeared worrying Dad and Rebecca a lot. She is learning to get along slowly!!! We keep her away from Chudley who really wants to make friends and have another playmate......NO WAY DOG. The birds now live on the end of the table and are very noisy. So all animals are being very well taken care of.
I am now very tired after the long weekend, excited about things in the days to come...Fair is around the corner...will write more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home