Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Another child is officially an adult

Another child of mine has reached the ripe old age of 21. I am sure her face is smiling today. She and I just love b'days. Any reason to party and feel special is wonderful. So at least I know where and what I was doing 21 years ago today. I was in IN and Larry took me to the Dr. who said that a storm was coming and did I want to have this child in a hospital or at home. I who was not prepared for a home birth at all, said that today would be fine...no need to wait two days for my birthday for this present. We drove across the street to the hospital, checked in, and in 45 min. Rachel arrived. Everyone was surprised how fast she came...I think even her. She ruined the doctors shoes and pants since he didn't have time to put on a gown and shoe covers before he had to catch her. She was no little thing over 9 pounds, but not as big as her brother who was over 10 pounds. As I was giving birth, a blizzard arrived and Larry just made it home. Pipes froze and so much snow we didn't see Dad for another 3 days till he could get out and come get us. Had we waited she would of been born at home, since most of the town had shut down for days due to weather. When her Dad came back and brought brother David to see her we had to bribe him to sit next to her for pictures with food. He wanted nothing to do with her. But alas, they did grow up together and I am sure felt about the same with each future sibling arriving. So now you know where and what I was doing 21 years ago today.
Last year I was in Texas, visiting with my father. He died on the 20th just two days later. I am glad I spent last year in Texas seeing Rachel and my Dad. This year we shall see.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home